Pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin pie seem to be fairly popular recipes for this time of year and as much as I love both of these things, I also love being creative and trying to come up with new ideas. I was so happy with how these pumpkin infused slices of French toast came out, I just had to share them with you! They are super easy to make and are the perfect autumnal breakfast in bed for a chilly weekend morning.
- Blend the steamed pumpkin, mylk, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and gram flour in a blender until smooth and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip a slice of bread in the mixture and make sure both sides are coated well.
- Heat your frying pan with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to a medium heat and then fry the bread for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the bread dipping and frying process for each slice, adding half a teaspoon of coconut oil before each one is added to the pan.
- Once cooked, serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup. You can add a dollop of coconut yoghurt if you fancy!