Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cake
Who’s fed up and wants cake? Ok here you go:
This is a classic indulgent 2-layer chocolate cake. Top with fresh berries, orange zest, desiccated coconut, or more chocolate buttons!
For an extra decadent Easter celebration cake, decorate with Sweet Lounge Luxury Vegan Nutty Mini Eggs
– This is also a great way to use up any easter eggs if you manage to get bored or sick of chocolate.
You will also need 2 x 20cm cake tins
- Preheat the oven to 190C and grease the tins. Line the bases with parchment paper.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, add the milk, and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- For the buttercream, melt the chocolate in a double boiler and put it aside to cool.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until smooth, then sift in the cocoa and a pinch of salt. Pour over the melted chocolate and milk and beat everything together until smooth.
- Divide the buttercream in 2, and use one half to sandwich the cakes, the other to spread over the top and sides